Friday, September 30, 2011

Suicide

This has been an interesting week. It's the anniversary of a couple of suicide victims I've known. One was a family member that took his life on September 25th, 2008. As I started to heal from that one, on September 29, 2009, a man came into the ER - a suicide. The difference between the two was that I saw the second one. I didn't know his name, but I can tell you every outstanding detail about him. From hair color to shoes. That one was a toughie for a long, long time.
I started intensive outpatient therapy (IOP) this week. Can you guess the very first topic she chose to talk about? Suicidal thoughts. I just shook my head thinking, "You've got to be kidding!" I felt like I had dealt with it enough this week - even journaled about the guy in the ER. I think often of him - and dearly of my family member.

Seriously, if you are having even the slightest thought of suicide, call the number in the picture. People want to help. And you are so worth it!
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

BodyImageWarrior-Badge1
Happiness Project

Be Coolio

LINKwithlove